Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Greetings and Salutations

These days, people tend to live to work, they don't work to live. We run around, work too long, eat food made in a test tube, strive for tons and tons of possessions, and miss out on those precious moments life has to offer. I look at it this way, once we have our basic needs met, the rest is ganache, sweet delicious icing on the cake. I'm all about the icing. This blog is dedicated to enjoying those little things in life like a delicious meal, listening to a symphony, seeing sights, and most importantly, doing it with those you love. I might have strong views on religion, politics, and just about any subject you can think of, right down to Quantum Mechanics, but you'll never hear that mentioned here. Here, we are all about food and fun.

As stated before, I'm not any sort of expert epicurean. I dream of one day owning a bakery but right now I'm just a foodie who likes what he likes and dreams about sharing his love for food with others. Generally, I'll be writing about things my girlfriend and I cook or bake and our culinary explorations. At times, I'll share some of our other travels and experiences. Joanna will also pipe in fairly regularly with her thoughts. Most people think of Pittsburgh and assume we're all Yeungling swilling, kielbasa eating fools. We are, but only if the Pens or Steelers are playing. The rest of the time, this city has a lot to offer and I aim to discover it all.

The Jews have a toast, "L'Chaim!", which means "To life!". This is the motto and mission we now undertake.

1 comment:

  1. Your hand looks like a phantom claw on my shoulder. Just thought you should know.

    ReplyDelete